Adventure Travel in Uganda
Do you wish to experience 'the adventure of a lifetime'? Do you want to embark on a thrilling journey across the uncharted wilderness of Africa? Are you eager to visit some of the most exotic locations on this planet or participate in adventure sports that will set your pulse racing? Well, it’s time to make your dream a reality! And it’s all within your reach! With a tailor-made, adventure safari travel package comprising of tours to the best travel destination in Africa, packed with unique sightseeing, trekking, river rafting, and cultural visits, you simply couldn't ask for more!
Uganda , also known as the 'Pearl of Africa' is a travelers' paradise. Home to mountain gorillas, chimpanzees, and various other species of primates, the country attracts visitors from the world over, all year round. In recent years, the Uganda has earned a name in the adventure travel circuit, thanks to the world-class river rafting facilitates at Jinja, near the origin of the river Nile, which serve as a popular destination for white water rafting. While visiting Uganda don’t miss out any of the following 'Big 5' attractions of this equatorial paradise!
- White Water Rafting: As mentioned earlier, adventure sports has really come of age in Uganda with white water rafting on the river Nile, riding the waves of popularity in recent years. While visiting this fascinating and exotic tourist destination, do not miss this opportunity of a lifetime! Go for a rafting trip on the Nile, at its source near Jinja, considered as one of the most challenging destinations even for the seasoned raters! But not worry, if you are new to this exhilarating sport expert guides are on hand to keep you safe.
- Gorilla Trekking: No tour in Uganda is complete without a Gorilla Trekking trip at the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park! Located in the south western region of the country, this fascinating forest is home to the 'critically endangered' Mountain Gorillas. Studies show that only 340 Mountain Gorillas inhabit this primitive rainforest which is about half of the world population!
- Hike The Rwenzori Mountains: How often did you hear about 'Mountains of the Moon' in fairy tales and adventure books? But do you know, such a place really exists on earth! Its the Rwenzori mountains in Uganda. Along with Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Kenya, the Rwenzori mountains are the only place in Africa where you would find snow-capped peaks! Hiking in the Rwenzori mountain is a fascinating experience, to say the least, with new surprises awaiting at every bend of the trail.
- Quad Bike Safaris at Lake Mburo : If white water rafting isn't your cup of tea, why not enjoy a quad bike safari at Lake Mburo National Park? Located in the western part of the country, it is a paradise for nature lovers, with its diverse flora and fauna. Special quad bikes (All Terrain Vehicle) are available with leading safari companies operating in the region. These easy-to-ride vehicles will help you enjoy your safari trip from a whole new perspective!
- Chimpanzee Trekking : If you have seen the Mountain Gorillas at Bwindi, don’t miss out the chimp trekking adventures at the Kibale National Park. Home to Chimpanzees, Red Colobus, Vervet Monkeys, Galogo Monkeys, and several other species of primates, this place is a treasure trove of rare wildlife!
Are you ready for adventure travel in Uganda? Then look no further, get in touch with AGE Safaris, offering the best safari experience to travelers coming to Uganda from the world over!